Don’t let the “Elf” in the title fool you. This is not a holiday specific story, but makes a fine gift ALL year round!
Twinkle the Elf
Twinkle wants to do everything her older sister Sparkle does! (What parent of siblings has not seen this arrive?)
This story ends in a “feel good moment” when big sister Sparkle patiently explains that Twinkle doesn’t need to copy anyone because she is special – as herself.
This book is aimed at children age 4-7 years. It is a solid story with a gentle way to open discussion with both younger and older siblings around the importance of being true to oneself, and not just copying to try and be like or “be liked by” someone else. *It also applies to children trying to be like the crowd when that may not be the best decision.
Kathryn “Kae” Richardson is returning as the illustrator for Twinkle the Elf! She did an excellent job with the illustrations in Sparkle the Elf (Crimson Cloak Publishing, Jan 2017)
Kae’s links to social media sites.
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kaekaze/
- Youtube (just started this one a few weeks ago): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfupYngLAieNQMKROVsg8Qg
- Deviantart: http://willowdream.deviantart.com/
- Tumblr: http://willowdreamer.tumblr.com/
- Other books Kae’s illustrated available online:
- Tuxedo: A Fable – https://www.amazon.ca/Tuxedo-fable-Susan-M-Silver-ebook/dp/B00KTR8KXI/
- Black Winged Fairy – https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Winged-Fairy-Gary-Chayko-ebook/dp/B00O66ID5I
- Through A Silver Screen (I just did the cover for this one)- https://www.amazon.ca/Through-Silver-Screen-Three-Stories-ebook/dp/B016H8X3R0/
- 101 Story Starters for Steampunk: https://www.amazon.com/101-Story-Starters-Steampunk-1/dp/0991141725